Senior Accountant at Sovrn
About the Team
The Accounting team seeks to support Sovrn growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Sovrn at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business senses, while subscribing to Sovrn mission and values.
About the Job
You will play a critical role in the Company by assisting with a number of responsibilities related to the Company’s finance and reporting functions. We are looking for a talented, eager individual that will thrive in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Compiles monthly financial reporting packages and regulatory reporting.
- Builds and maintains financial and key performance indicator reports.
- Month end close accounting responsibilities; prepare general ledger schedules, reconciliations, and journal entries in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Identify process and systems related opportunities within the general ledger accounting function and lead implementation of changes to drive scalability, efficiency, and productivity.
- Supports year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors.
- Navigates complex accounting topics supporting technical policy research and memorandums
- Prepares consolidation of subsidiaries in accordance with accounting standards.
- Assists in integration of newly acquired companies.
- Ad Hoc projects and analyses.
You take ownership, spearheading continuous improvement efforts in operations, process and tools. You thrive in both independent and team environments. Manual processes drive you crazy so you automate as much as possible to focus on developing creative solutions to business problems. You are a high-energy, detail-oriented person with a passion for financial reporting and accounting. You are proactive in anticipating the needs of the business. You work hard but enjoy having fun with your team!
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- 4+ years recent experience in a similar role
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with NetSuite strongly preferred
- Highly detailed oriented and organized in work
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills, business knowledge, collaborative problem solving, judgment, and initiative
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Quick learner with ability to achieve successful results with limited supervision. Attention to detail is critical.
Position Reports to: Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $75,000 to $100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.