Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting (Remote)
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team and be a part of the rapid growth of this multi-sided education company. This person will report to the Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting and will focus on preparing financial statements and technical accounting memos to support our accounting conclusions. We are seeking a candidate who is organized, thrives in a very fast paced environment, enjoys working with a team, and is also comfortable owning a complex process from beginning to end.
As Senior Accountant, you will:
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, footnotes, and supporting schedules for three entities.
- Coordinate information requests and prepare supporting documentation and analyses to support the financial statements, footnotes and disclosures, including disclosure checklists and tie-outs
- Research the application of new and existing accounting pronouncements including preparation of technical memos
- Interpret US GAAP and lead discussions on complex accounting topics across the business
- Assist with the accounting for complex revenue transactions and equity including stock-based compensation, stock repurchases, and stock issuances
- Assist with information requests for valuations such as those related to stock compensation and newly acquired companies
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the financial reporting process & maintain appropriate documentation
- Assist with the execution of the financial statement audit
- Guild is a rapidly growing company so you will have opportunities to work on special projects
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and SOX compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain accounting concepts to non-financial leaders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Accurate and extremely well organized
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- CPA and public accounting experience is preferred
- Experience working in financial reporting tools and GL accounting systems (NetSuite, Workiva, and Carta are a plus)
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $92,500 - $128,125, as well as company stock options.#LI-JG1
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.