Founded in 2015, Automox is a fast growing (>100%+ a year) dynamic SaaS company that is disrupting the status quo by automating and reducing the pain that comes with securing and managing endpoints within the modern enterprise. As Automox matures, we are building an Accounting and Finance team to develop scalable internal solutions as our platform and customer base grows. We are seeking an experienced individual with strong leadership skills and experience scaling a SaaS company.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be the key contributor in our financial close process, and will be responsible for preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting functions as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Perform monthly close activities including owning the timely preparation, quality review, and distribution of the monthly reporting package, posting journal entries to the ledger, and completing balance sheet reconciliations (including detailed review of accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, reserves, etc.).
- Prepare monthly departmental budget/forecast vs. actual results to provide summarized reports and analysis to budget owners, and any ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Facilitate with team and external partners to ensure successful financial audits and income tax returns with our third-party partners, including providing supporting documentation, preparing detailed schedules, and communicating responses in regard to questions, status, and other activities.
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations to ensure cash receipts, disbursements, bank fees, etc. have been properly reflected in the general ledger.
- Validate and process all expense reporting in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Prepare and file applicable sales & use tax returns in a timely & accurate manner.
- Research, analyze and interpret complex technical accounting issues and new accounting standards and prepare detailed and supportable internal memos on findings and conclusions.
- Help document, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies, processes and internal controls as the company continues to scale.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA a bonus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a track record of advancement.
- Solid understanding of ERP systems (Quickbooks Online, NetSuite, etc.) and supporting cloud applications (SaasOptics, Bill.com, Expensify, Rippling, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) and Google Suite.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
BENEFITS: Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
PARENTAL BENEFITS: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
TIME OFF: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
PERKS: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
SALARY: Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. $75,000 - $100,000
BONUS: All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
EQUITY: We’re all in this together and everyone should have a stake in the company which is why all employees receive stock options.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA. The world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.