Senior Accountant - International at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Senior Accountant ensures the accuracy and timely completion of certain International accounting functions, especially on the expense side of the business for the UK. This position will report to the EU Accounting Manager.
- Timely and accurate completion of the accounting functions within the International Accounting team for UK for month end close including preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules, primarily related to expenses including various prepaid and accrual related entries. Understand and work with foreign exchange rates
- Preparation of monthly Network Operations variance analysis file including compiling related data with accuracy. Prepare detailed analysis of expenses in comparison to prior month with written commentary included. Present commentary to management and FP&A team on monthly call with UK.
- Completion of various monthly and quarterly account reconciliations with adequate support provided
- Coordinate & work with FP&A team on requests related to UK expenses
- Prepare monthly & quarterly analysis of certain income statement & balance sheet financial statement line items
- including written analysis of comparison of data to prior month/quarter for presentation to senior management. Analysis may also include areas that pertain to accounting functions outside of International accounting team; ability to analyze & understand other areas of accounting within the organization by reviewing related data & analysis
- Assist in initiating, implementing and executing process improvements and controls for efficient month end close and reporting
- Assist with Statutory accounting department in the UK with related statutory audit requests as assigned
- Document workflow of tasks in role including close related tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP). IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) knowledge a plus but not required
- International accounting experience a plus, especially working with foreign exchange rates
- Knowledge of Oracle or Salesforce a plus
- Intermediate - Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with larger ERP general ledger accounting systems required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines; some overtime required especially during month & quarter end close
- Telecom industry experience preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and overall conceptual understanding of assigned subject matter
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave