Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting at Angi
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About this role:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Financial Reporting team during a period of dynamic growth and process transformation. As a Sr. Accountant, you will be responsible for taking ownership of various monthly and quarterly reporting processes, including preparing supporting schedules and analysis for internal and external reporting. In addition, you will play a key part in ensuring the accurate and timely preparation and recording of stock-based compensation for the Company and its subsidiaries, including accurate and timely administration of new grants, exercises, and releases for equity awards. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of SEC reporting, internal controls, and experience working in a publicly traded company. If you are an individual who excels in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, this is the role for you.
- Prepare supporting schedules and analysis for quarterly and annual SEC Filings
- Prepare and/or review schedules related to the quarterly earnings release.
- Perform research on technical accounting issues, analyze complex balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Design and develop ad hoc reporting
- Participate in complex accounting, regulatory reporting, and other special projects as needed
- Assist in initiating, implementing and executing process improvements and controls
- Maintain employee equity administration platform (i.e. Solium Shareworks), including updating information and running required and requested summary and detail reports.
- Process and enter new award information into the platform timely, including the related grant details.
- Prepare and distribute grant documentation and agreements for new-hire and ongoing grants.
- Process exercises, terminations and releases on a timely basis for all employees and ensure accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to payroll.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting for stock-based compensation and monitoring to actuals.
- Responsible for the calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share.
- Answer employee questions and resolve problems regarding equity plans and grants.
- Work on special projects related to equity granting and reporting.
- Prepare materials for the compensation committee.
- Provide annual proxy details/disclosure to Legal.
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience or combination public accounting and industry experience with SEC reporting experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Accounting; CPA highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ability to research various technical accounting issues, particularly around stock-based compensation
- Experience and/or interest in stock-based compensation, including stock options, RSUs/SARS, and/or performance-based stock awards
- Experience with Workiva wDesk preferred; HFM and NetSuite a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience with equity administration platforms highly desirable, preferably Solium Shareworks.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000-$100,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!