Senior Accountant - Consolidations & Intercompany at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, DoorDash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Senior Accountant, you will report to the Senior Manager, General Ledger. You will take ownership of the consolidation processes for Checkr’s 6 operating subsidiaries and 7 consolidating entities and ensure that accounting processes and policies are being applied and followed uniformly amongst entities. You will also serve as the General Ledger lead for our data business subsidiaries, which includes but is not limited to preparing and reviewing prepayment and accrual journal entries for Cost of Goods Sold and Operating Expenses, partnering with budget owners and Financial Planning and Strategy (FP&S) to ensure accurate financials, and assisting in ad-hoc technical accounting research and analysis.
- Lead the accounting month-end close and consolidation processes for all Checkr data business subsidiaries.
- Responsible for ensuring that intercompany transactions have been appropriately implemented and executed per existing intercompany agreements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute changes in transfer pricing and other intercompany arrangements.
- Oversee intercompany eliminations, foreign currency translation, and own the process to settle intercompany balances.
- Prepare and review monthly accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform ad-hoc technical research in areas such as: foreign currency revaluation and translation and its effects on the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Oversee continuous process improvement projects for areas of responsibility.
- Perform financial statement analysis and communicate findings to finance management.
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and monthly / quarterly reporting for board meetings.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA qualification is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting-related work experience.
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite) and Excel.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational abilities, customer service orientation, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership & transportation reimbursements
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $70,000 - $82,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.