Senior Accountant (AP/Payroll)
Job Position: Senior Accountant: Accounts Payable and Payroll
Position Location: Louisville, CO
At Rogue Wave Software, we're a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value.
- Team Lead for Accounts Payable (AP) and Payroll
- Review and approve vendor set up in both accounting software and in Concur purchase request system
- Maintain companywide vendor listing with payment dates, payment cycle, payment form, and other key information
- System Administrator for Concur Purchase Order and Expense systems and handle filing/resolution of cases with Concur support related to internal company Concur inquiries
- Oversee the management of the company AP e-mail inbox to ensure timely review & delegation/prioritization of communications to the appropriate staff for timely resolution of inquiries and payment of invoices
- Work directly with the AP staff on weekly payment runs to ensure timely payment of all domestic and international invoices and perform backup responsibilities as needed
- Manage the review of the AP aging on a routine basis for resolution of any past due vendors
- Ensure accuracy of the AP Aging reconciliation to the general ledger for monthly financial close
- Ensure the timely submission of the weekly controlled disbursement account information to bank for fraud control
- Responsible for accumulation of the month-end data for the financial accruals
- Review and post AP batch entries into the GL
- Ensure timely and accurate payments for Payroll related to expense reimbursement, commissions, other employee/contractor payments
- Serve as a back-up for payroll processing/inquiries when the payroll clerk is out of the office and as needed during high volume times
- Review and approve payroll and expense JEs and uploads to ensure reported completely and accurately
- Review and process expense reports for proper documentation and compliance with company expense policies
- Oversee the annual filing of 1099s and ensure timely filing
- Complete month-end close tasks
- Audit requests, special projects or other duties as assigned or requested
- Generate ideas for continuous process improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must, as this position involves communication directly with vendors, third party accountants, and employees
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers by ensuring research and timely resolution of all inquiries to completion, including foreign third-party accountants and foreign subsidiaries
- Strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, ability to coordinate multiple tasks, and a strong team-player attitude is necessary
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or other accounting software preferred
- Experience with SAP Concur Expense & Purchase Request/Order is preferred
- Experience with ADP Payroll, Ultimate Software or other payroll systems is preferred
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or associates degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ work experience with 3 years in a related position.
- Prior work experience in a software or hi-tech company is preferred.