The Segment Controller will be responsible for the overall integrity of the Space Systems or Imagery/Services segment’s financial statements. Role will report to Chief Accounting Officer of Maxar and will be part of Controllership Organization. Segment Controller will be accountable and critical role in the month-end close and consolidation processes, management oversight of internal control environment, and communication / coordination of segment related activities between the Maxar Controllership and Corporate organizations and business unit leadership and finance teams.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Oversight of month-end close activities and consolidation of segment results to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Accountable for monthly/quarterly internal financial reporting deliverables on segment results, including the preparation of all variance and analysis reporting, including the active development of formal and ad hoc reports & dashboards, in coordination with Financial Reporting and Systems teams.
- Monthly and quarterly support and review of forecast and planning processes working with FP&A teams
- Oversight and assist in review and preparation of quarterly MD&A for external reporting, investor presentations and other deliverables.
- Accountable for coordination and communications between Shared Service Accounting and Business Unit Teams
- As necessary, Segment Controller will play key role in coordinating, supporting and the execution of acquisition / divestiture planning, due diligence, and integration activities or other strategic initiatives.
- Review of contracts and applicable of accounting policies in coordination with Business Unit and Controllership Technical Accounting and Shared Service Accounting teams to assure appropriate accounting treatment is in accordance with Corporate and IFRS / US GAAP policies.
- Accountable for coordination of monthly/quarterly business unit and segment balance sheet reviews on behalf of CAO, including review of account reconciliations.
- Oversight over segment / business unit internal controls environments, including review of Sox and operating controls.
- Coordination with other Corporate teams including Treasury, Legal, Tax and HR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 10+ years of related accounting experience; 5+ years of experience in management or leadership
- Combination of public accounting and private industry experience would be ideal.
- Must have strong experience in reporting requirements, consolidations (domestic and international subsidiaries), and be well versed in current accounting issues/ trends under US GAAP / IFRS.
- US Citizenship.
- CPA, CMA, or related certifications would be a bonus.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, and a manager of expectations.
- Presentation skills at the executive management level.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines; possessing a high sense of urgency and be deadline driven.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.