Securities Lending Operations Associate at Robinhood
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the Role
The Securities Lending Operations Associate will be responsible for the execution of Robinhood Securities’ Securities Lending middle office function, so it scales to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans for Securities Lending. The candidate will implement our securities lending middle-office areas: new account onboarding, securities lending trade processing and settlements, buy ins, recalls, call-backs, fully paid program (tracking, compliance, payment) and regulatory reporting. The candidate will also process operational issues, new strategy implementation and product offerings. They will be responsible for mitigating regulatory risk and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. The candidate will also work cross-functionally to champion a compliant culture and business.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Assist in the design and testing of operational procedures and processes for all aspects of Securities Lending including the fully paid program.
- Adhere to and remain compliant with Robinhood Securities’ back office related Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Process Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries, reporting and audits.
- Assist management with resolving escalated issues from trading.
- Liaise with compliance, trading, and business management to ensure strategies are implemented and objectives are met.
- Act as a trusted aide de camp to the operations head.
- Execute tactics for the day to day operations of the middle office.
Some things we consider critical for the role:
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Great communication and relationship management skills.
- A passion for Robinhood’s product and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- FINRA Series 7 or within 90 days.
- Ability to work Market hours
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.