SEC Reporting Manager (ADX-44-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The SEC Reporting Manager will be responsible for preparation and filing of all external financial reporting documents and related SEC filings. The position requires that the candidate be a hands-on professional with a strong understanding of the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in a public company environment, experience managing and accounting for equity incentive plans, and strong interpersonal skills. A SOX-compliant mindset, strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and desire and ability to identify, recommend, and lead improvements are also critical skills.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Prepare and file quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10-K), current reports (8-K), annual proxy, etc.
- Account for the Company's equity incentive plans, including Options and RSUs
- Identify complex transactions and emerging accounting standards (SEC, US GAAP, etc.) and research / prepare related technical accounting memos.
- Maintain quarterly reporting schedule and coordinate internal (accounting team) and external (auditor) deliverables.
- Manage monthly reconciliations, including various accruals
- Examine contracts to summarize key terms and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Adhere to internal control procedures and maintain related documentation.
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting and internal control policies as well as GAAP.
- Identify and participate in process improvements, financial system enhancements and special projects as needed.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in accounting roles.
- CPA required.
- Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred) and/or public biotech/pharmaceutical company experience.
- Experience preparing and reviewing SEC-compliant financial statements.
- Ability to work independently, coordinating priorities to meet deadlines. Must have ability to set own pace and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines and adapt to changing work priorities.
- Results oriented with strong accounting, financial, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting knowledge.
- Experience working with external auditors through quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Strong organization, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability communicate effectively with employees of different levels.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage highly confidential material in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive results needed to achieve the company objectives in accordance with core principles.
- Ability to manage and influence staff to complete required tasks
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Workiva WDesk experience preferred
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
Read Full Job Description