Revenue Operations Analyst
Who are we?
At Marketo, we arecreating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers todeliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueledwith a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to makingthe Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovativeindividuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketois looking for a Revenue Operations Analyst. This role sits in our Denveroffice and reports to the Manager, Revenue Operations.
What will you do?
- Account for revenue in accordance with company policy and SaaS revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 605-10, ASC 605-25 and ASC 985-605
- Review customer contracts to identify and track revenue recognition triggers, as well as other matters that impact financial results
- Resolve all issues that arise from inaccurate orders that would affect revenue recognition and prepare miscellaneous revenue adjustments as needed
- Partner with other departments to streamline bookings, billings and revenue recognition processes
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end close activities (including tracking of customer deliverables, balance sheet reconciliations, flux analyses and ensuring sales transactions are recorded timely and accurately, in accordance with US GAAP)
- Work with Revenue Operations Manager and Sales Operations to assist with new SKU setup and maintenance of existing SKU's
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements
- Assist with the implementation of ASC 606, including assisting in system implementation related to revenue processes and controls
- Assist with annual audit procedures
- Miscellaneous projects as necessary
Is this you?
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in either private industry, public accounting or a combination of both
- Prior revenue operations experience with a SaaS company is preferred
- Must have an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Basic knowledge of current US GAAP with respect to revenue recognition
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail orientation
- Ability to problem solve, both from an accounting and system perspective
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more