Revenue Analyst at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Revenue Analyst, you will report to the Billing and Revenue Operations Lead and you will play a major role in Checkr’s Order to Cash process. You will ensure invoices are complete, accurate and are sent timely to Checkr’s customers each month. In addition, you will also help support the Customer Success team, assist in all billing related & credit memo inquiries, and support month-end close operations. Lastly, you will help with ad-hoc projects and provide support during our annual financial statement audit. As a part of Checkr’s accounting team, you will help to ensure Checkr provides accurate and timely financial reporting and that all accounting records are booked in accordance with US GAAP.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of invoices to Checkr customers
- Review invoices for errors, working with engineering and operational teams to correct
- Assist with continuous process improvement and development of automated systems including implementation and enhancements to AR/Billing tools
- Support the customer success team on inquiries related to billing and credit requests
- Prepare financial reporting files including ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis reports
- Partner with internal teams and develop relationships to ensure positive collaboration
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations
- Calculate and apply sales tax to eligible customers
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and month / quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Assist with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting and finance department
- Address customer complaints and questions
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA or CPA track is a plus
- 1-3 years of accounting-related work experience
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite); Stripe, JIRA, and Salesforce experience a plus
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); familiarity with databases and SQL is an asset
- Customer-centric approach, and ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Responsible for taking ownership of the invoicing process
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership & transportation reimbursements
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $48,620-$57,200.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.