Revenue Accountant at Xactly Corp
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Position Level: Entry Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Revenue Accountant at Xactly Corporation, you'll work with the revenue team performing monthly operations to recognize revenue accurately and timely. You will review customer contracts and run multiple-element revenue allocations in accordance with company policy and GAAP revenue standards. You will own Professional Services revenue recognition processes and work directly with the Xactly PS team on a regular basis. You will also participate in other month-end close processes including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of revenue accounts, and running applicable reports. In addition to monthly revenue operations, you will assist with ad hoc requests from other Xactly teams and the annual audit. At Xactly, we believe everyone has a unique story to tell, and these small differences between us have a big impact. When bright, diverse minds come together, we're challenged to think different ways, generate creative ideas, be more innovative, and take on new perspectives. Our customers come from different cultures and walks of life all around the world, and we believe our teams should reflect that to build strong and lasting relationships.
Xactly's Accounting team is a world class accounting team. We are a tight-knit and high performing team with diverse backgrounds, driven to succeed and to unleash the business for success. We are customer and business focused. We never settle for the status quo and continuously challenge ourselves and each other.
THE SKILL SET:
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
● 1-2 years revenue accounting or general accounting experience preferred
● Advanced Excel experience required
● Ability to work with a high sense of urgency and manage multiple projects and deadlines
● Strong initiative and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
● Customer driven, collaborative, business-oriented approach
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
● Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation, upon which to grow
● Build relationships with internal business partners including Xactly's Accounting and Finance teams as well as the Professional Services team
● Become familiar with applications such as Workday, Salesforce, and OpenAire
● Begin to help with month-end close preparations
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
● Have a strong understanding of the business and revenue streams and processes
● Run multiple-element revenue allocations on contracts
● Own the professional services month-end close preparations and work directly with Xactly's Professional Services team to complete this
● Be well versed in internal systems including Workday, Salesforce, OpenAir and Smartsheets
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
● Collaborate proactively with other Xactly teams to accomplish month end review processes as well as semi-annual and annual projects
● Own the preparation of month-end flux analysis and reconciliations
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
● Be an Xpert on all revenue related tasks, initiatives, and priorities
● Complete annual objectives that directly align to overall strategic initiatives
● Identify further personal education opportunities to increase your business and instructional acumen
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Final pay determinations, salary ranges and pay increases are established by the employer. They are based upon a combination of local industry benchmarks, budget, experience, and internal comparisons.
Salary ranges allow for growth opportunities as the employee develops new skills, and/or hones current skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS
● Flexible Time Off (FTO)
● Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
● Tuition Reimbursement
● XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
● Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
● Access to Corporate Discounts
● Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
● End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
● 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
● Periodic Massages
● Generous Employee Referral Program
● Relocation Assistance through Preferred Partner
● Full access to Grokker, our health engagement and employee wellbeing platform
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we believe in celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive workplace environment, where everyone feels valued, heard, and has a sense of belonging. By doing this, everyone in the Xactly family has the power to make a difference and unleash their full potential.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.