Revenue Accountant at Billtrust
As the Revenue Accountant, you will accurately coordinate and complete the Billing Process for all of our customers on a timely basis. You will collaborate with the Finance Team and stakeholders within other departments to ensure that all of our systems, contracts, and reports are accurate and up-to-date. You will support our customers with any ad-hoc requests they have and answer their questions.
- Complete Billing Process for transactional and subscription-based customers
- Support internal and external customer requests and independently resolve issues, as they arise
- Scan all details of customer agreements that come from our contract management system or other avenues for proper revenue classification and recognition
- Partner with the Accounting team and collaborate with other stakeholders across the company in projects such as billing automation
- Utilize data analysis skills to accurately create Excel import templates for price lists, contract lines, and invoices
- Ensure proper recognition of revenue in compliance with ASC 606
- Analyze trends and fluctuations of revenue and convey this information to internal stakeholders
- Proven experience in an accounting role with billing and revenue recognition - 3+ years experience preferred
- Knowledge of billing or revenue accounting experience using accounting software such as Sage Intact
- Well-honed Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to analyze revenue data and suggest improvements
- Attention to details and an strong ability to multi-task consistently between billing tasks, resolution of customer inquiries and other tasks, as required
- Strong written communication and collaboration skills for partnering on projects within and externally throughout the company
- Expertise in working with a B2B or SaaS company strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.