We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.About the Team
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a strategic, operational minded individual to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting team. In this role, you will be a member of the revenue accounting team and will hit the ground running, actively responsible for ensuring our Accounts Receivable processes and reporting are accurate and in adherence to our revenue recognition policy. You’ll work both autonomously and in collaboration with the revenue and billings team to drive impact each day.
Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager, the revenue accountant will be tasked with performing daily and monthly AR/collections and revenue recognition tasks responsible for making recommendations to improve processes to ensure scalability and tight internal controls. n. You have experience and thrive working in a fast pace and ever-changing environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done because you care about the success of the team as a whole.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Reconcile accounts receivable and investigate discrepancies by downloading data from banks, suppliers and other portals as necessary and utilizing excel to reconcile payment information with internal revenue data
- Work with Corporate Accounting Manager/Controller to review contracts and determine appropriate accounting treatment under 6060
- Prepare invoices in accordance with customer agreements
- Reconcile cash receipts and deposits with data from point of sale system
- Prepare AR aging reports and assist with developing processes for timely analysis of reports, as well as procedures resolving any issues the reporting may surface
- Perform month-end close activities associated with AR including preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Responsible for maintaining continuous follow up with internal team members to obtain timely payment on failed transactions and resolve undistributed cash
- Identify outstanding aging balances and accounts that need to be written-off to uncollectible
- Communicate effectively within team, outsourced providers and with external customers
- Manage multiple system to ensure clean accounts receivable aged reporting
- Communicate, respond and follow up to request from offshore accounting team
- Responsible for appropriately escalating issues and ensure timely resolution
- With the guidance of the Corporate Accounting Manager, work with engineering and billings team to develop and strengthen Revenue/AR IT processes
- Work with internal finance to develop and execute internal controls over Revenue/AR
- Work with internal finance and external auditors to compile support and answer questions for YE audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ in AR or public accounting role
- Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and / or experience
- Proficient in Excel and working with large data sets
- Experience in the full Accounts Receivable and Collections cycle (strong plus if in the healthcare industry)
- Experience in high volume receivables
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems, internal controls, procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and other office software applicationsExperience in high growth, fast pace companies (strong plus)
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.