Ibotta is looking for a Revenue Accountant to work closely with Accounting Leadership in performing month-end close procedures and producing high-quality financial statements and analysis. You will be joining a small team and be given the chance to take on high-impact responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations, analysis) for revenue, equity, and other areas as needed.
- Review contracts and current business practices to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies.
- Participate in cross departmental discussions to assess impact on revenue recognition for proposed projects.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks).
- Maintain equity-related documentation and communications. Perform research as needed.
- Work with internal and external business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Create process documentation and accounting policies and build schedules to support journal entries and analysis.
- Strive to continuously improve and automate the accounting and reporting process and instill proper financial controls, wherever possible.
- Work with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Accounting, CPA preferred. Deep understanding of GAAP.
- 2-3+ years of overall general accounting experience, high tech industry and Big 4 experience a plus.
- Revenue recognition experience required, experience with ASC 606 a plus.
- Netsuite or other ERP system experience.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Understanding of internal controls, SOX compliance a plus.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, equity compensation, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and flexible PTO.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.