Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 50,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
2021 Best Company Culture (Comparably)
2021 Best CEO (Comparably)
2021 Best Company for Diversity (Comparably)
We’re looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our growing Finance team, analyze worldwide revenue recognition, reconcile billings to cash, and scale revenue-generating initiatives. This individual will look to solve complex issues with groups such as Billings Engineering, Data Analytics, FP&A and Global Payments. You have the flexibility to work remotely and work cross-functionally across time zones within the US.
What You'll Do
- Perform detailed review of subscription billings to ensure proper treatment under US GAAP
- Collaborate with our billing team to ensure accuracy of subscription billing and ensure the accurate revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Review and update ASC 606 memo as per the company revenue policy
- Review and update monthly revenue recognition, deferred revenue schedules and accrued billing schedules
- Review monthly commission capitalization and amortization schedules
- Implement sales tax software and perform monthly sales tax compliance
- Should work closely with auditors for annual audits on revenue related issues
- Manage billing and collection teams
- Exhibit a strong understanding of internal data flows.
- Drive operational process improvements.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience - public accounting or in-house/corporate accounting are both great
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
- Nice to have: Experience with Salesforce, Recurly, Netsuite, Avalara ( Any Subscription Billing system)
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
- A great communicator who can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with internal teams and external partners.
- Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
100-140k + equity
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description