Revenue Accountant (Contract) at Vendavo
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.Job Description
This is a contract role for 90 days - NetSuite experience a MUST HAVE working on revenue-based transactions for a software company.
As Vendavo continues its product expansion and growth trajectory, we need an experienced general ledger accounting temporary remote employee.
You will be part of the Accounting team reporting to the Corporate Controller and taking direction day to day from the Director of Accounting.
As Revenue Accountant, Corporate, you will:
- Revenue recognition review and execution of Vendavo’s revenue policy
- Prepare and record monthly revenue entries in NetSuite including but not limited to Sales Order commitments, journal entries and invoice amortizations
- Prepare calculations of allocation of revenue in multiple element arrangements under ASC 606
- Manage services effort for each project including implementation budget, forecasts, and change orders (% of completion calculation)
- Prepare forecast to actual analyses and liaison with the business units to resolve any issues
- Be part of the month end close team providing journal entries, account reconciliations, and account analysis
- Prepare revenue by customer reporting
- Maintain the ratable revenue forecast for recurring revenue streams
- Prepare calculations of FX impact to revenue and other schedules
- Simplify and automate deferred revenue accounting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Active CPA license strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in software
- 5+ years’ experience in a Corporate Accounting Department or pubic accounting experience
- A Passion for the accounting work
- ASC 606: Revenue from Contracts with Customers knowledge and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly to all levels of management
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of accountability, with focus on the results we need to achieve individually and collectively
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency through thoughtful planning and disciplined execution
- NetSuite experience a MUST HAVE working on revenue-based transactions for a software company
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.