Regional Asset Manager – zColo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Regional Asset Manager will be responsible for owning the outcomes of a portfolio of zColo data centers in one of 5 geographic regions across North America. These outcomes include P&L management, and the optimization of equity value created, net revenue growth, customer experience, and capacity management at the local, facility level. A key member of the commercial team, the Regional Asset Manager works closely with Business Development, Product, Finance, and regional Operations teams including the Data Center Managers.
Through direct customer interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Regional Asset Manager will provide recommendations and sponsor initiatives to grow the zColo business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales or product support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, are required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for facility P&L and optimization of historical IRR / equity value created performance.
- Ownership of business cases for facility expansions, improvements, lease renewal negotiations, etc.
- Responsible for Net Install Bookings and Net Installs performance by region in pursuit of overall revenue growth objectives. Includes customer renewal and revenue optimization efforts by facility.
- Responsible for the go-to-market message and capacity by facility. Drives local sales engagement and analysis to support prospecting efforts. Informs Product of local pricing and incorporates into Tranzact.
- Responsible for customer experience at the facility to contribute to positive outcomes and feedback.
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- MBA and/or equivalent work experience with proven ability to work across functional boundaries preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of asset management, business development, or commercial product management experience in the telecommunications or real estate industry. Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Prior product, sales and/or sales engineering experience with colocation a plus.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.