Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems.At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
If you are looking to make an immediate impact and are frustrated with the status quo, this is your opportunity to reinvent auto insurance from the ground up! Join a team of diverse entrepreneurs using your data analytics expertise to create real world, actionable insights that will make a difference, helping small businesses incorporate a safety culture with their employees to prevent accidents and save lives!
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will be remote with some travel to our offices in Denver or DC.
How You'll Do It
Data Analytics, Data Manipulation
- Responsible for competitive analysis, researching market pricing, and underwriting guidelines for assigned states.
- Working to ensure the product is competitively and profitably priced.
- Gathering information, data points, and analytics to inform product direction.
- Manipulating large datasets by writing SQL/Snowflake queries to achieve desired results.
- Use online resources, competitor information, subscriber services, and competitive filings to gather market intelligence insights.
- Review and analysis of state compliance requirements and unique market dynamics.
- Size the marketplace and understand the opportunity of a given area and coverage opportunities in various States.
- Monitor the performance of the product in order to analyze internal processes around quote flow, binding and issuing policies, and retention rates to ensure profitability and look for emerging trends.
Team Member/Team Resource
- Supporting the Customer Success team to help answer questions. This position will act as the Tier 2 and escalation resource for the team when it comes to customer questions around premiums and pricing.
- Sharing information with leaders and presenting analytical insights.
- Effectively communicate information from large data sets and be able to explain the “why” behind the information.
- Supporting the underwriting function with data analysis and reporting.
- Highlighting areas of concern and bringing them forward to the leader for review.
The Right Stuff
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Background in mathematics, statistics, economics or other quantitative major fields of study is highly desirable.
- 3 years of analytical work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field of study or 5 years of analytical work experience with any Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Demonstrated work experience in P&C insurance - specifically in personal or commercial auto - is highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of using SAS, SQL, Snowflake, or similar data query tools.
- Advanced skills in Excel are required (complex formulas, importing large data sets, pivot tables, macros, and automation).
- Sense of creativity and strategic thinking about how analytics relate to business outcomes now and into the future.
- An understanding of the iterative workflow process to work collaboratively on global tasks.
- Problem-solving skills to work through numerical issues with data sets.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and self-starter.
- Likes variety and not repetition, but can build repetition in process for scalability purposes.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, incorporating reasonability checks into regular workflows.
- Data mining and analysis skills to provide relevant data points and analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside the organization.
- Competitive salary.
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options).
- Comprehensive health plans.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid sick leave.
- Future-focused 401k match.
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave.
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills, and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges. We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes the following:
Compensation Range for the position: $62,000 - $85,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here, and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding