Premium Audit Manager
Greater Denver Area
We created Pie with one passion in mind: serving America’s small businesses. As one of Pie’s workers’ compensation experts, you will use your experience to advise Pie in creating the very best audit and renewal experience for our customers.
How You’ll Do It
Pie offers small business owners the independence to buy a workers’ comp insurance policy with modern ease of service. Leveraging your well-rounded knowledge of the in’s and out’s of the workers’ comp journey, you will understand how billing, renewal, premium audit and claims directly affects our customers’ experience.
As one of our in-house workers’ comp experts, you’ll help Pie field, prioritize, and understand the plethora of questions a small business owner has on workers’ comp. In turn, we need you to build and optimize Pie’s best demonstrated practices around these core areas and stand-up operating principles and processes to help us achieve top results. And, as with most start-ups, Pie is constantly evolving.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a very strong collaborator. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This is an experienced hire role. As a leader at Pie, you will be as comfortable and content managing projects and programs as you are managing people. At the outset, this role will drive planning and execution on a range of premium audit and renewals-related priorities originating in Customer Care. We expect you’ll have spent enough time in the workers’ comp industry to have key experience and insight into all aspects of the business.
Your core competencies in this environment will put you center stage. You must be willing to stand up for what you believe in and know, bravely going out on a limb to make your business case for the customer and for Pie.
The Day to Day
- DIG DEEP: Your attention to detail, curiosity and analytical competencies mean you continually challenge yourself to dig deep for root causes and formulate creative, savvy, effective and innovative solutions and results.
- For example, you’ll design and support a process understanding how state compliance impacts the premium audit, how we true-up post-audit, and how it impacts the overall renewal processes. By closely monitoring and translating audit results and communicating expectations and feedback with our audit partner, you’ll ensure a successful process end to end.
- COLLABORATE: Work and partner alongside our internal teams (Engineering, UX, Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Sales, Customer Care, Product, Underwriting and People) and external partners (Insurity, Afirm, Stripe, and Plaid, for starters) in ways that support diversity in thought and a drive to deliver results.
- COMMUNICATE: Your ability to articulate the issues, questions, and requirements is imperative. We communicate openly, freely, and frequently with our colleagues, customers, vendors, and insurance partners. We expect you to actively participate, listen, and share.
The Right Stuff
- EXPERIENCE: 6 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in workers’ compensation insurance
- EXPERT KNOWLEDGE: expert-level knowledge of workers’ comp as an insurance product and of the premium audit process and best practices for creating an outstanding renewal experience for the customer
- BUSINESS INSIGHT: solid working knowledge of workers’ comp underwriting, billing and claims
- PROBLEM SOLVER: With a keen focus on solving customer problems and a deep commitment to customer experience, we look to continually improve, innovate and optimize our processes by providing digital tools to those we serve. A willingness to share your perspective to come up with the best possible solution.
- THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX: You’ve heard that before, but can you do it? We want your workers’ comp insight so you can quickly and readily identify new opportunities for Pie. Are are you ready to come up with a solution that is innovative, disruptive, and new? That’s the kind of person we want for this role. The ability to innovate is a must. Expect to constantly challenge the insurance industry status quo.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description