Payroll Tax Specialist at Wurk
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
The Payroll Tax Specialist is a key member of the Operations and Support Teams. The Tax Specialist will be responsible for providing day-to-day tax support for all Wurk Clients. Working closely with the Tax Supervisor, this person will inform and execute on generating, balancing and approving tax files timely. Creating payroll clients’ profiles inside of the tax software. Generating and providing tax Power of Attorney documents to the clients.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the ins and outs of the Wurk platform and how PTM and Master Tax integrates
- At 30 days, you should be able to set up a new client in PTM and Master Tax
- By the end of 60 days, be able to process new clients, making payments and returns in both PTM and Master Tax
- Within 90 days, be a self-sufficient Tax specialist, owning the process of building, managing and support of client tax cases
- Manage tax software and implement new features and updates
- Assist with the weekly, quarterly and annual provision process
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise
- Auditing clients’ tax records, Checking and Completing Tax Forms
- Meet with clients to gather information and explain option to them
- Researching and understanding various tax laws
- Track multiple tasks/action items, prioritize and escalate issues when necessary
- Create and build professional documentation of new process and procedures regarding tax implementations
What you’ll need to have!
- 2-year degree or equivalent payroll tax experience
- Experience with PTM
- Experience with Master Tax
- EA certification preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting functions
- Consulting/customer interface experience required
- Broad knowledge of labor management, HR / Payroll, ERP, Time and Labor or similar domain product/systems preferred
- Solid interpersonal skills to interface with co-workers and customers
- Ability to manage specific tasks to completion with minimal direction
- Ability to collaborate with clients, identify engagement follow-on opportunities, and have a strong desire to excel
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Visit or work at our new Scottsdale office
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.