Payroll Supervisor at GHX
| Greater Boulder Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:23 a.m. (MST) on Friday, January 7, 2022
The Payroll Supervisor plays a key role in processing the semi-monthly payroll for over 600 US, cross-border, and Canadian employees. S/he will also supervise Payroll Specialist and direct day to day activities of a semi-monthly payroll to ensure that payment is completed in a timely and accurate manner. This person will be responsible for overseeing payment of processing of all bonuses, commissions, and leaves. Key to success will be a strong attention to detail, customer service orientation, and problem-solving skills.Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates bi-monthly payroll for US, Canadian and cross-border employees with Payroll Specialist; funds benefits and 401(k).
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws; manages new location tax registrations.
- Trains and mentors Payroll Specialist
- Evaluates Payroll Specialist performance and provides feedback
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support.
- Respond to payroll inquiries and resolve payroll issues. Research discrepancies.
- Interfaces with officials from government, banking, insurance carriers, and software providers on issues relating to tax, bank accounts, premium payments, and 401(k) wage deferrals.
- Interacts with merger and acquisition work through supporting payroll integrations including leading payroll integration team, working with outside systems to integrate with UltiPro, and facilitating employee questions.
- Prepares semi-monthly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Implements process improvements as necessary.
- Partners with Total Rewards team to review and processes payment for employees on leave.
- Performs ACH Wire transfers for terms and cross-border / Canadian employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years payroll administration experience
- 5+ years UltiPro (UKG) experience
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel and Oracle
- CPP or FPC preferred
- Experience with multi-state and cross-border payroll
- Involvement with acquisitions
Read Full Job Description