Payroll Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Payroll Manager to join our fast growing Accounting team. You will report to the Director, Accounting and be responsible for full-cycle payroll activities for over 800 (and growing!) employees in over 20 states. We’re looking for someone who is dedicated to making sure critical payroll processes are effectively, accurately and efficiently completed while ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state legislation.
As a Payroll Manager, you will:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for three company codes, ensuring all forms of compensation are properly reconciled and paid on time
- Validate/coordinate all necessary inputs and supporting documentation for timely and accurate payroll processing
- Partner with our People Ops team on reconciling:
- benefit/retirement carriers and spending accounts
- leaves and disability tracking
- Track employee’s education and student loan benefits per policies and compliance
- Maintain and process employee referral, signing and moving bonuses
- Manage accrual and payment of performance-based variable compensation
- Prepare reports out of ADP that will be utilized by users across the company
- Partner with Guild employees and managers to ensure that non-exempt timesheets are collected in advance of processing deadlines and train all non-exempt new hires on time card procedures
- Drive process improvements and system upgrades to support scalability of payroll function
- Validate tax filings and year-end W-2s including imputed earnings
- Become an expert in our payroll system ensuring accurate record keeping, data and security
- Provide excellent customer service as the face and voice (and email box) of our payroll team, helping to resolve and respond to payroll-related questions from employees and managers
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll processing experience with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity
- Strong payroll tax and compliance experience
- Obsessive attention to detail and organizational skills
- An auditor’s mindset for all supporting documentation within cloud-based (Google) environment
- CPP strongly preferred
- Expertise with payroll processing software/HRIS (ADP Workforce Now preferred) and Excel
- Ability to keep business information confidential and respect sensitive information of others
- Strong people skills and capable of building relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities and establish and meet deadlines
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000-$130,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth