Payroll Manager at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role: Evolve is an emerging power house in the vacation rental and hospitality space. We are gearing up for growth in 2021 and beyond. This growth has created the opportunity for us to add a new role that is fully dedicated to all things payroll. You will have the opportunity to bring your experience to create a world class payroll function responsible for calculating, processing and reconciling payroll for our 500 and growing Evolvers.
What you’ll do:
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems and related systems interfaces to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions in a multi-state payroll environment.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and ensure payroll regulatory filings are completed timely and accurately
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Implement and document internal controls to meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Provide recommendations on process improvements to provide a world class payroll experience
- Partner with accounting, finance, and people teams to ensure changes in regulations and business strategy is addressed timely
What makes you a great fit:
An exceptional understanding of how payroll processes work, how the payroll system should be set up to support people and accounting requirements.
- 5+ years of payroll processing and systems management including earnings (fringe, imputed and others), deductions, garnishments, taxes, benefits and general ledger mapping set up and maintenance
- Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) or other recognized payroll certification is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Knowledge of and comfort with multi-state wage and hours laws and regulations
- Possess a customer service and cross functional collaborative mindset
- Proficient with payroll software Paycor or similar web-based HRIS
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work autonomously with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of discretion and adhere to confidentiality standards
- Ability to manage complex and competing organizational priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $75,000-$95,000
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.