Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Payroll and Accounting Associate will contribute to the Accounting team and work closely with the HR department to provide a first class experience for employees. In this role you will be responsible for all things payroll: semi-monthly processing, general ledger entries, new state registration, and state agency requests. The ideal candidate will collaborate well with others, have exceptional attention to detail, experience with multi-state payroll, and emanate a service focused mindset.
What You'll Do
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records.
- Maintain payroll system and process payroll, including, but not limited to, new hire set up, local taxes, relocation, voluntary deductions, terminations and garnishment processing.
- Respond to audit and regulatory inquiries.
- Accurately set up and maintain SUI rates, registration of new accounts when required, and verification of SUI rates.
- Reconcile 401k and benefit reports and code them within the accounting system as necessary.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employee questions and requests for payroll and tax information.
- Interpret, communicate, and execute changes to the payroll system by staying current on changing payroll/tax legislation.
- Provide support for other related accounting functions such as expense report processing, or sale tax and Secretary of State registration.
What You'll Bring
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance or equivalent level of knowledge in a relevant field.
- Experience performing all functions of payroll and tax.
- Multi-state payroll filing and registration experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to handle and resolve employee inquiries and issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
Targeted base salary range: $62,000 - $80,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.