What We Are Looking For
Kapost is seeking a Payroll Accountant in the Boulder/Denver area. The Payroll Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing and reporting of payroll related data. The Payroll Accountant will have a commitment to accuracy and detail while being flexible in a dynamic start-up environment. Integrity, ownership, innovation and drive are of the utmost importance as well as living our values on a daily basis, as the “how” of what we do matters just as much as the business outcomes.
- Ensure paychecks are correct and delivered on time
- Calculate salaries, bonuses and commissions in accordance with agreements/policies
- Process and ensure proper governance of employee deductions
- Adhere to federal, state and local payroll tax laws
- Assist HR with onboarding employee data into the 3rd party payroll processing portal
- Ensure timely and accurate W-2 reporting to employees
- Prepare payroll related journal entries to assist with month-end close process
- Reconcile employee benefit vendor invoices
- Administer the Company’s 401k plan
- Responsible for Worker’s Compensation audit requests
- Review 940/941s for propriety
- Answer questions from employees related to payroll topics
- 3+ years payroll processing experience
- BS/BA in Accounting or Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- Impeccable interpersonal and business acumen
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Paylocity a plus
Kapost has been identified as a leader in the B2B Marketing space by both Gartner and SiriusDecisions. Our unique Content Operation approach to help Marketers take control of their top priority – generating revenue opportunities via engaging, thought-provoking and measurable content – sets us apart from the rest of the CMP vendors. With clients among the largest companies in the world (across the Fortune 50), Kapost is positioned for exciting growth as we drive success for our customers in a new area of marketing efficacy.
What it’s like to work here:
We know how to get things done and have fun while we’re doing it. Our culture is well-defined and our work environment is pretty informal. While we take our jobs seriously, we don’t take ourselves so seriously. We believe in empowerment, autonomy, and flexibility – so you get to determine how you work, where you work, and how long you work -- as long as you are achieving your objectives. And if/when you want a vacation, you can work with your team to determine how much and how long (e.g. no restrictive vacation policy). We focus on results.
We believe culture isn’t about how many foosball or ping pong tables you have. It’s about how you support each other and win together. So at Kapost we actively work to accelerate your career. On your first day we ask you to envision your last day. What do you want your resume to say by the time you leave Kapost? Then we proactively set up mutually aligned goals to help you reach your career aspirations. So while you help us with our adaptability, we help you with your marketability.
We have a transparent working environment, so you’ll know all about goals, strategies, financials, etc. And you’d be working with people who genuinely care about each other, the occasional (quiet) dog in the office, and no jerks. We know how to play so there’s plenty of beer, retreats, impromptu celebrations, and company provided all-employee lunches every week.
Our offices are a half block off the famed Pearl St Mall in downtown Boulder, CO, and next door to the new Avanti location when it opens. You’ll know Boulder to be America’s happiest, fittest, foodiest town filled with more than 300 days of sunshine. We’re brimming with bike paths that transport you all around town and running/biking paths that are a few blocks from the office for the morning, noon or evening fun. If you don’t live in/near Boulder then you’ll also be happy to know that the school systems are among the top in the state, commutes range from the “I can’t believe I just rode my bike 5 minutes to work” to “wow, that 15 minute cross-town traffic was just a bear today” commutes, and we are a short drive (physically) from Denver. Our offices are in walking distance to top restaurants, offering great food and after-work fun. What could be better?!
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits package
- 401(k) plan
- We have yoga at lunch, can work from home on Wednesdays, and you can bring your dog to work (as long as Fido doesn’t chew on the wires)
- Bicycle storage plus a no-cost Eco-Pass and neighborhood parking pass
- Catered lunch every Friday, plus a fully stocked kitchen (with LaCroix, if you’re into that. It’s a polarizing beverage at Kapost)
- Regular happy hours (we’ve cooked together at Food Lab, gone bowling, and solved problems together at escape rooms)
- Annual company retreat & holiday party
- We give you money for a new laptop every 3 years