Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a process pro. Our customers depend on us to make their employer tax payments and filings accurately and on time. You ll help process filings and make payments to employer tax agencies on behalf of our customers.
- Be a detective. When we hit errors or roadblocks in the process, you’ll investigate and take on issues that arise. Then you’ll help prevent it from happening again.
- Be an ambassador. You’ll be responsible for a portfolio of employer tax agencies. You’ll work with them to make sure we represent our customers the best we can, from setup through filing. Along the way, you’ll constantly keep our processes and documentation up to date.
- Be a guide. Our customers are business owners, not tax agency experts. You’ll set up our customers for success in making sure they have the right information to pay and file taxes.
- Be a team player. We do what it takes to help our customers. You’ll chip in as needed as part of the team to help keep the engine running smoothly.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail. Our customers rely on us. You’ll never let something slip through the cracks
- Problem solving. You love understanding why something happened, fixing it, and then making sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Improvement mentality. You’ll constantly challenge the status quo: how can we do this better?
- Organization. You keep lists, project plans, and prioritize like its second nature.
- Customer-first mindset. We love our customers, and we fulfill our mission of helping business owners focus on what they do best: growing their business.
- Software-savvy. You can pick up new systems and tools quickly.
- Experience. We are looking for 0-1 years experience; bonus points if you have operations experience or internships and exposure to a startup environment.
This is a full-time position based in Denver, Colorado. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.