ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations and Financial Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and provides essential accounting, operational and administrative expertise. This individual utilizes good judgment, discretion and superior organizational skills to manage a broad range of operational, financial, reporting, and administrative responsibilities.
The Operations and Finance Manager executes and refines accounting and operational procedures and practices to ensure a professional and efficient office environment. Paramount to this position are superior interpersonal and communication skills, good analytical skills, a positive and helpful attitude, and the ability to anticipate needs and initiate and implement solutions. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic accounting (debits and credits, schedules, balances), with 2 or more years of experience in the field as well as successful administrative and operational experience and strong communication skills.
- Manage financial operations, including, but not limited to:
- Working with the organization’s Chief Operating Officer to ensure ongoing bill payment, special projects and required monthly closing reconciliations
- Close the monthly books and review monthly financials with the Chief Financial Officer
- Assist with gathering information for financial modeling
- Prepares special financial & various business reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Coordinate with leadership team to execute on special projects and events
- Work with the team to track and monitor budgets and track departmental spending
- Work with sales team members to create invoices and track AR and payments
- Assist with payment of and tracking of taxes, insurance policies, etc.
- Manage office operations, including but not limited to:
- Maintain employee handbook
- Ensure accurate tracking and management of vacation calendars and sick time
- Support the Chief Operating Officer in identifying new human resource policies and procedures, including conducting research on potential policies the organization may adopt
- Provide additional miscellaneous support to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer as needed
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years of professional office management/administrative experience
- Minimum 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Proven ability to handle a high volume of work, manage several projects at once and meet timeframes
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, especially Excel, Google Calendar, Slack and Google Mail
- Proficiency with data management/database programs a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, proofreading and editing abilities.
- Strong time management skills – highly proactive, reliable, flexible and punctual – and ability to self-manage.
- Ability to communicate with VIPs and demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
Brandzooka is one of Colorado's fastest-growing startups. We've grown by building a team that's full of irreverent, friendly, fun, incredibly intelligent, hard-working individuals devoted to building success the right way. We focus on seeing the big picture throughout and are highly collaborative.
Brandzooka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.
Employer-paid premium healthcare