Operational Systems Accountant
Operational Systems Accountant
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a Financial Systems/Operations Accountant to the crew. The Financial Systems/Operations Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager, the Director of FP&A, IT, and key stakeholders to support the demands of a rapidly growing company as it relates to financial systems. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing all existing systems integrations which have a financial impact, recommend improvements, and build-out the future financial infrastructure to support reconciliation and reporting requirements. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Review, assess, and recommend improvements for existing systems that impact financial statements and reporting
- Understand and communicate flow of data, timing, and dependencies from a technical perspective as well as accounting implications
- Lead integration improvement efforts to assist financial reporting and analyses
- Operate as the Finance subject matter expert on systems integrations and implementations enterprise-wide (including Salesforce implementation, tax software integration, and financial planning software integration)
- Review systems performance and proactively identify issues
- Design and implement internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Troubleshoot and fix finance related system issues
- Train and support finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures
- Test and verify information compiled is correct and/or reasonable based on accounting knowledge
- Systems integration and finance systems experience
- CPA Certification
- Broad experience and knowledge of accounting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and train other finance staff
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel macros and other accounting packages
- Degree in finance/business/accounting or IT