Operational Accounting Manager at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for an Operational Accounting Manager to work closely with Accounting Leadership in monitoring and executing monthly procedures over the Order to Cash cycle, designing and preparing analysis, and assisting with the implementation of automation of our billing process within NetSuite. You will be joining a growing team and be given the chance to take on high-impact responsibilities in a fast-pace and changing environment.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Assist in Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable processing and month-end responsibilities (journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting)
- Responsible for various general ledger accounts and account reconciliations for month-end close processes
- Designing, compiling, analyzing, and providing monthly analytics for reporting financial information to leadership
- Review and monitor AR aging on a monthly basis and work with Assistant Controller and Controller to update AR allowance and remove significantly aged and uncollectible items
- Setting monthly cash collections goals for the Accounts Receivables team
- Monitor deferred revenue balances and work with team to ensure balances are used or repurposed within a year of collecting
- Brainstorm and assist or implement initiatives to reduce DSO and increase DPO
- Oversee collections on a high volume of customers and invoices
- Respond to customers’, partners’ and sales’ questions, resolving problems and reconciling discrepancies in order to expedite collections
- Escalate collection issues to Assistant Controller or Controller only when needed
- Administer when collection efforts need to be sent to a collection agency or written off
- Work with legal team on customers filing bankruptcy claims and payment plans
- Participate in cross departmental discussions to assess new revenue streams and how we will invoice for those in NetSuite
- Establish and maintain positive interactions with internal departments, such as Client Success, Operations, Technology, Legal, and Finance to resolve invoicing issues, reporting issues, and customer disputes in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to enhance, improve, implement, and document monthly procedures to increase accuracy, efficiency, and consistency
- Implement and document internal controls around the Order to Cash cycle
- Prepare and/or review documentation for annual audit requests
- Performs special projects upon request from all levels of management
- Responsible for staff development and accountability
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, high tech industry and Big 4 experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- NetSuite or other SAP or Oracle ERP system experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently performing a variety of tasks under general supervision
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines
- Ability to manage others
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical,dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race,color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status,gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handlingof data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well asreporting security incidents to the proper channels.