Network Expense Analyst
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Network Expense Analyst is responsible for accurate invoice processing, dispute processing and resolution, accrual journal entries and reporting for approximately $2M of NetEx invoices per month.
- Maintains inventory of all circuits and MACD activity.
- Insures accuracy of all network related expenses, and investigates and closes all open disputes.
- Responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities and escalating opportunities to management
- Review and approve vendor invoices for payment with proper General Ledger coding.
- Interpreting and comparing invoiced services against quoted contract rates/tariffs and internal inventory.
- Tracking and resolving billing disputes/discrepancies with various carriers; present escalation issues, status reports and findings to manager
- Account reconciliation - Researching past due balances to ensure they are cleared in a timely manner
- Ability to understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff documents, and contracts.
- Works with many teams within the organization for validation of cost
- Provide financial support and data analysis
- Assistance in month-end processes, including variance analysis.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Salesforce and TEOCO experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave