Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the role:
The Market Operations team at Robinhood is responsible for traditional middle office brokerage operations. Our mission is to deliver an excellent end-customer experience and mitigate firm risk while supporting cutting-edge brokerage and financial products. We're looking for a motivated self-starter to join our introducing broker-dealer’s trading desk. Our trading desk is responsible for Robinhood’s equities trading product, inclusive of order entry and confirmation, margin, corporate actions, market data, firm and test account management, and best execution in close partnership with Robinhood’s Clearing Firm. As a Market Operations Specialist (Trading), you’ll be joining a team that executes on critical trading-related functions. You’ll serve as a subject matter expert who supports our Customer Experience team, collaborates closely with our product, clearing, and engineering teams to execute on equities trading product and tooling improvements, and own the day to day trading operations function. This is an opportunity to support one of Robinhood’s core products for our introducing broker-dealer.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Review daily best execution reports and work with our clearing firm for price improvements.
- Monitor firm trading and corporate actions activity
- Support our Customer Experience team by conducting trade related research
- Monitor firm accounts and process trade corrections.
- Provide subject matter expertise on strategic initiatives.
- Document standard operating procedures and job aids.
- Identify areas for process improvement and work toward implementation.
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System
- Knowledge of trading operations, market mechanics, and the regulations that shape our business
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply creative problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Be a great team player who is willing to work cross-functionally to provide the best solutions for our customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- SIE, Series 7, and Series 63
- Experience working in retail brokerage
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge.
- Series 24 and/or series 57
- Best execution review experience
- SQL or Python skills.
- Experience with Looker or other data analytics tools.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.