AMP Robotics is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to revolutionize the way we recycle. Positioned at the intersection of AI, robotics, and recycling, our solution matches deep learning and computer vision with robots that rapidly sort materials inside recycling facilities. We have already deployed our technology across the United States to dramatically reduce costs and increase the efficiency of recycling operations.
Our dedicated team is located just outside Denver in Louisville, Colorado, with views of Boulder’s flatirons and the Rocky Mountains. With backing from top tier investors including Sequoia and recognition as a “Rising Star Company of the Year” in the 2020 Global Cleantech 100, we’re looking for exceptional talent to support our mission.
AMP Robotics is looking for a Market Development Manager to research, develop, and integrate the next innovative and cutting edge products into the AMP product family. This role will work closely with our engineering, commercial development, facility operations, and finance teams to assess the technical and financial viability of various types of potential partners and technologies to enter new markets. A deep interest in recycling, as well as flexibility and adaptability to the evolving needs of AMP programs, projects and organization is required.
- Investigate possible new target markets for AMP products to understand technology requirements and assess how AMP technology can fit
- Evaluate regulatory markets and develop strategies for carbon credit and plastic credit monetization
- Perform economic analysis on technology implementation, looking at various partnership/integration models and cost benefit analyses of near and long term options
- Develop relationships with subject matter experts to evaluate new product market fit
- Develop relationships with end market partners to iterate and discover new chemistries AMP can deliver for higher value products.
- Work cross functionally to determine viability of AMP technology with current and potential future materials roadmap
- Develop scalable market research framework that can be expanded and incorporated into strategy execution
- Present findings and business case reporting to senior management to inform the purposes of internal and external investment decisions making
- Build a detailed strategic plan based on evaluation of new market opportunities
Education & Experience Required:
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in Engineering, Chemistry, Finance, Business or related field and/or experience.
- 10+ years in new product or business development, extensive research experience, and go- to- market strategy of new and innovative technologies
- Experience in chemical recycling, waste management, recycling, renewables
- Strong interest in joining a dynamic, value-building environment and being part of a high-performing and collaborative team.
- Denver area headquarters or home office
Salary & compensation information: $140,000 - $170,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.