Manager/Senior Manager, SOX Compliance at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company's system of internal controls in financial, operational, technology and compliance activities.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and related corporate governance initiatives
- Assist with performance of risk assessments to support the development of the overall Internal Audit Plan
- Coordinate all required 404 and internal controls testing including:
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating audit walkthroughs
- Managing the distribution and receipt of external and internal audit request
- Coordinate with IT Compliance on the design of application controls
- Communicate results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management
- Review and evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures and help identify and implement corrective actions
- Lead in the design and implementation of controls for company strategic initiatives or projects
- Create and maintain all corporate policies, control documentations and flowcharts
- Provide training and guidance to teams across the business on effective internal control procedures
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Accounting, Finance,
- At least four years of corporate audit and/ or public accounting experience
- Must be proactive in identifying process improvements and take initiative to diagnosis and remediate potential issues
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster inter-departmental cooperation in compliance efforts
- Thorough understanding of audit methodologies and processes (e.g., COSO, COBIT, GAAS)
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects/ assignments
- Must be articulate and confident in communication of ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience (e.g. executive management, staff, internal & external auditors, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Online subscription model business experience a plus.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!