We are looking for a motivated Manager of Technical Accounting to oversee the day-to-day accounting operations and lead a small team. This is a management position. This position is essential to ensuring the highest level of financial reporting accuracy through the maintenance of internal systems and adherence to financial reporting processes. In addition, this person will be responsible for leading month-end close, technical accounting research, and special projects. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is goal-oriented. This is a great position for those who want to grow their accounting career in a fast paced, collaborative environment and expand their people leadership experience and skills.
- Assists in month, quarter and annual month end close processes
- Supports all aspects of the month end close including account reconciliations, international consolidation, and preparation of reporting packages.
- Supports the Company’s revenue recognition (ASC 606) process
- Be a lead participant in M&A integration plan
- Analyzes new and proposed accounting standards issued by FASB to determine the impact on the company and implements new accounting standards, as required.
- Implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Drives accounting initiatives and process improvement
- Assists with the annual year-end audit including audit requests and accounting memos.
- Leads team to ensure month-end close activities are on schedule.
- Leads various special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed or assigned.
Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 5+ years of accounting experience is required
- 3+ public accounting experience is required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Management or supervisory experience
- Advanced skill in Excel
- A high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated people leadership and vision in managing major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong ethical standards and high level of integrity
Helpful for Success:
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Familiar with NetSuite (financial system)
- Understanding of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience preferred
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions/purchase price accounting is a plus
- Master’s degree in Accounting
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.