Manager of Student Financial Services
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups - increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to add a Manager of Student Financial Services to the team.
As the Manager of Student Financial Services, you’ll manage a team of financial advisors in their daily job functions. You will work closely with the members of the team to assist with process improvement including Title IV funding advising, tuition assistance and reimbursement policy administration, and payment facilitation. You’ll be a critical member of the team, a builder and an executor of our processes, best practices, and will help this new and growing department find its feet.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Collaborating effectively with Student Finance colleagues to improve the performance of all individuals
- Partnering with cross-functional colleagues to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Student Finance team members, collaborating to create process and program improvements, and implementing change
- Overseeing Title IV policy adherence where applicable
- Analyzing data to constantly improve policies and processes
- Overseeing relevant billing and financial operations in partnership with Guild’s Finance team
- Supervising employees and working with them to develop new talent and progress and enhance existing talent
- Coordinating marketing, and internal communication lines
- Asking the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Supervising a team of Student Finance Specialists including call review, scheduling, performance improvement, and systems/tools usage to drive excellent outcomes and continuous improvement
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Manage, supervise, and work alongside our Student Finance Team.
- Participating in the development of prototype processes to improve key outcomes
- Ensure the timely processing of student tuition reimbursement in a legally compliant and ethical manner
- Ensure that student services and financial advising and processing operations conform to current Federal and State regulations
- Develop training and development plans for Student Finance Team
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Achieving established processing goals and expectations
- Developing productive relationships with Guild’s partners by meeting deadlines, rapidly solving issues, and collaborating on opportunities for enrollment growth and improvement
- Launching new programs and products to meet our corporate partners’ and university partners’ needs
- Improving processing rates, systems, and ensuring compliance to all of Guild’s partner’s contracts.
- Launching corporate partners on our internal Tuition Processing tool
- Driving high employee satisfaction and employee retention rates
- Receiving feedback regularly and through our learning-focused twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- Proud and unique team of very diverse individuals.
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Passion for higher education and our mission
- An understanding of diverse project management principles, processes, methodologies, and tools paired with an ability to critically evaluate and implement the right options for each project
- Title IV policy adherence and compliance
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Leadership experience managing complex problems, processes, projects, and people
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!