Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
The Tax Operations team – tasked with ensuring that our flagship payroll product operates smoothly for our customers – is passionate about using innovative technology and service to deliver our most critical business process to our customers and their employees. Our team strives to positively influence millions of businesses and hundreds of millions of employees throughout the United States.
We are looking for natural leaders who are passionate about delivering our core product offering while improving workflows and creating efficiency gains in an ever-changing environment. You will lead a Tax Operations team by empowering and enabling your team members to do the best work of their life. While experience in Tax Operations is preferred, it is not a requirement of this role.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports to internal stakeholders
- Empower team members with a focus on personal and professional development while managing Gusto business needs - inspire your team to do the best work of their life on a daily basis
- Scale the Tax Operations org by increasing team efficiency and working cross functionally with product and engineering teams
- Constantly analyze, refine, and iterate on internal processes to make them simpler and more efficient
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-4+ years of team management experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Project management guru
- Passionate about reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience at a payroll provider a huge plus
- Bachelor’s from an accredited university
This is a full-time position based in Denver, Colorado. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.