Manager, Indirect Taxes at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Manager, Indirect Taxes, will be responsible for managing Zayo’s Indirect tax compliance in North America and maintaining processes and procedures related thereto. You will be managing internal staff and outside service providers and responsible for all aspects of the sales, telecommunications and indirect tax compliance process, including calendars, returns, payments, and reconciliations. The Manager will report to the Director of Indirect Taxes.
- Manage the Sales, Telecommunication and Indirect Tax Compliance function for North America ensuring all reporting obligations are satisfied completely, accurately and timely.
- Maintain and review tax account reconciliations.
- Conduct and review Use tax reviews and submit refund claims.
- Maintain current business licensing for all business locations in North America.
- Keep abreast of current legislative developments.
- Participate in various tax planning activities and research that involve a high degree of complexity.
- Participate in and support ongoing integration projects/initiatives, and other special projects.
- Assist the Director, VAT and the company’s tax leadership in managing VAT consulting and compliance.
- Analyze company data for preparation of unclaimed property filings.
- Teamwork: Working with tax team members, other finance staff and outsourced providers to solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Accountability: Take ownership and manage the Company’s indirect tax compliance process through accurate accounting and compliance to established procedures.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Assessing and applying the relevant law to the Company’s tax compliance obligations. Results Orientation: Excellent project and deadline management and interpersonal skills that can make the tax team a highly effective and productive unit.
- Leadership: Build positive relations with managers and co-workers to resolve conflict and problems. Develop team members through your understanding of tax laws and regulations.
- Taking Initiative: Lead by having a growth mindset, embrace new challenges and offer transparent communication.
- Bachelor degree and at least 8 years of experience in indirect tax
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave