Manager, Global Payroll and Equity at CircleCI
CircleCI is building an amazing payroll and equity administration team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our values. You will lead the global payroll and equity administration function and will report directly to the Assistant Controller. CircleCI is in a period of rapid growth, and we are looking for a reliable, thorough individual who has the ability to efficiently scale our existing processes. The ideal candidate has a history of leading a payroll and equity administrative team at a public and/or fast growing global company, with an impeccable track record of accurate and timely payroll processing. We are looking for a self-starter, with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who aligns with our company culture. Does this sound like you? Check out the details of the role below!What you'll do:
- Oversee US semi-monthly payroll processing for exempt and nonexempt employees across numerous jurisdictions
- Support and run the payroll process for our Canada, EMEA and APAC locations
- Review processed payrolls from outside international vendors by ensuring the accuracy of payroll, including but not limited to: base pay, bonuses, commissions, payroll taxes, employee changes, new hires, and deductions
- Ensure US payroll is compliant with all current federal/state laws and liaise with international payroll providers to ensure the accuracy, compliance, and timely processing of payroll and statutory reporting
- Lead the payroll and equity administration team, including employee development
- Act as the primary point of contact for all payroll-related items for both our employees and upper management
- Responsible for all payroll-related accounting, including journal entries, bonus/commission accruals, reconciliations and detailed fluctuation analyses
- Continuously improve existing payroll workflows through proactive problem identification and creative solutions
- Support the Accounting team with financial statement and statutory audit requests
- Partner with our People Team on all employee compensation matters
- Handle payroll system implementation requirements, workflow design, user acceptance testing, training and release execution
- Review all equity award activity (grants, exercise, cancellations) within our equity administration system
- Monitor equity pool reserves, exercises and vesting events
- Assist in ad hoc requests from various partner groups, including employee inquiries
- Approve stock transactions in payroll, as needed, ensuring income and taxes associated with equity activity are properly recorded on W-2s and taxes are remitted timely to tax authorities
- Prepare annual Form 3921s and 1099-NEC for stock option exercises (US Based)
- 7+ years of US and international payroll processing experience
- 3+ years of equity administration experience
- Proficient in US GAAP, with a specific focus on operational payroll accounting and equity fundamentals
- Track record of leading a team of payroll/equity professionals
- Strong knowledge of US federal and state payroll tax compliance requirements
- Experience working with payroll providers across numerous international jurisdictions
- ADP and Workday experience highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems required; Netsuite experience preferred
- Public company experience preferred, including ESPP, RSUs, etc.
- Ability to excel in a constantly evolving company, including balancing multiple demands and leading through ambiguity
- Excellent problem solving skills and high level of attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent degree required
- CPP, CEP, CPA certifications a plus
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level