Manager, External Reporting and Technical Accounting at Invitae
Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) is a leading medical genetics company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Invitae's goal is to aggregate the world's genetic tests into a single service with higher quality, faster turnaround time, and lower prices.
FINANCIAL AND COMPANY SIZE INFORMATION:
Invitae went public in 2015 and is a high growth company with significant increases in market cap and revenue since inception. Invitae is also a highly acquisitive company and has completed many acquisitions.
Remote or at our corporate headquarters located at 1400 16th Street, San Francisco CA.
Invitae is seeking a Manager of External Reporting and Technical Accounting. Ideally, this position will be based in our San Francisco headquarters, but flexible to work from our regional offices. Minimal travel may be required (when future conditions permit).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly financial statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other required SEC filings.
- Support the preparation of financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for the quarterly and annual SEC filings on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K
- Prepare quarter-end data and other support information including the Statement of Cash Flows and the EPS calculations
- Support relationships and requirements with external auditors by preparing and providing documentation and responding to auditor inquiries
- Assist with the review of XBRL tagging of financial statements and disclosures under US GAAP prepared by others
- Prepare quarterly earnings release tables and support the review of financial information in earnings release documents and other investor relations’ materials
- Prepare detailed tie-outs of financial statements and disclosures as well as internal and external presentations used for earnings press releases and investor materials
- Assist with the completion of accounting disclosure checklists for completeness of the financial statements and compliance with controls over financial reporting
- Assist in preparation and review of materials for Board of Directors and associated committees
- Drive improvements in processes, procedures and internal controls which ensure a highly accurate, efficient and robust reporting function. Maintain documented work procedures. Continually evaluate and standardize procedures to improve efficiency
- Assist with the design and operation of SEC Reporting and technical accounting related internal controls and SOX compliance activities
- Provide support for M&A activities including due diligence requirements
- Assist in the technical accounting research including the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards and any accounting matters that arise in the normal course of business
- Complete special projects as necessary
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Minimum of five (5) plus years of accounting experience, which includes Big 4 public accounting and/or SEC Registrant reporting experience
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing financial statements and related disclosures of public companies
- Strong SEC and US GAAP technical accounting knowledge and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Works well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment while managing multiple assignments
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently or in a team environment
- Must be detailed-oriented, have a proactive approach and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Professional maturity with high standards for integrity and accuracy
- Passionate about business excellence and continuous improvement
- Oracle, Workiva software and XBRL experience preferred
- Tech savvy proficient
- Experience in digital, life science, healthcare industries, or diagnostics segment preferred
WHY POSITION IS OPEN:
Expanding the team due to growth, particularly with multiple pending transactions in the future.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of External Reporting and Technical Accounting, with high visibility throughout the organization.
The Company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities for future growth.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.