Manager, Essbase Financial System Administrator at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for developing, designing, maintaining, and supporting Ball’s global Oracle Hyperion business intelligence suite (HFM, BIPS/Essbase/PCMCS). Responsible for working with end-users and IT teams to resolve technical and functional issues, participating in cross-functional finance systems and business process improvement projects. Assist in the training and onboarding of system enhancements related to these applications and other processes as required.
- Act as an administrator of the Oracle Hyperion suite of products, Essbase, FDMEE, HFM, PCMCS, Planning (BIPS), SmartView (Dev, Test, and Prod), both on-premise and cloud.
- Perform ongoing application maintenance, upgrade, development, testing and implementation of application enhancements.
- Develops and maintains financial reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting (FR), Smartview Excel grids and other reporting tools.
- Maintains user security and manages change processes for user security in accordance with established protocols. Maintains and executes business rules, calculations, data copies, and moves. Proactively reviews and monitors the application and makes recommendations for design enhancements relative to ongoing best practices.
- Proactively reviews and monitors the applications and makes recommendations for design enhancements relative to ongoing best practices.
- Trains and supports users in accounting, finance and IT, during the close-to-report and planning/forecasting cycles to ensure system responsiveness and data integrity to meet user needs.
- Supports the initial implementation of Essbase, FDMEE, HFM, PCMCS, BIPS, SmartView working closely with the various team members to establish system dimensionality, support report builds, perform data reconciliation tests, and be responsible for the personnel training.
- Provides assistance and backup throughout the close-to-report and planning/forecasting cycles to ensure system responsiveness and data integrity to meet user needs.
- Serves as a business partner in cross-functional environments to support departmental and regional needs in relation to current and prospective applications that are and could be integrated into the Essbase, HFM, PCMCS, BIPS, SmartView applications for planning and reporting.
- Works with AMS to monitor and identify application performance.
- Assists with the enhancement of business processes and supports the business leaders with critical business strategies by managing the development, testing, and implementation of new business application systems.
- Reviews, documents, and maintains SOX controls related to the accounting system and develops appropriate SOX controls and documentation.
- Manages and directs development of reports for SOX and PWC auditors as needed.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, IT or related field required.
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum in the accounting/finance or IT areas.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of and works with the technical tools available for systems development and support.
- Must be technical in nature with strong working knowledge of the following areas:
- Experience with Hyperion Planning Cloud
- Experience with Essbase version 11.1.2 and or 11.2
- Experience with HFM and FDMEE
- Experience in implementing Hyperion Planning & Essbase solutions
- Experience in implementing solutions with MS SQL Server,Talend, SSIS and or Snowflake
- Hands on experience with Smart View VBA
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting and implementing applications.
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong initiative and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with various levels of staff and interact effectively with project team members. Must be able to communicate at a high level, as well as articulate in detail as required.
- Ability to function independently in a deadline-oriented environment
- Dependable with a strong desire to learn and contribute to team efforts
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities, work under time constraints, and meet deadlines
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 87,800 - 133,975 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans