Manager, Corporate Accounting at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Manager of Corporate Accounting will be responsible for timely and accurate month end close processing. Additionally, they will own the accounting for compensation and benefits including generation of journal entries and completion of associated reconciliations. This position will report to the Director, Corporate Accounting, and will interact closely with the Accounting Department, Finance and Tax.
- Own the accounting for compensation and benefits including generation of journal entries and completion of associated reconciliations.
- Manage staff member that completes certain payroll related journal entries and reconciliations, cash entries and P&L re-alignment entries
- Manage bank reconciliation staff and review of monthly recons
- Serve as team member on project to reduce number of open bank accounts that are no longer needed to streamline current workload
- Oversee SOX controls for variance analysis, amongst other controls
- Monthly review of reconciliations completed by staff
- Support Tax team with inter-country transactions journal creation
- Assist with management of the external quarterly review and annual audit process, including preparation of various audit support requests and coordination of obtaining support requests from the segment controllers and accountants
- Assist in initiating, implementing and executing process improvements and controls
- Manage, train, provide coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Participate in other projects as required
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in Accounting;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP;
- Telecom industry experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Oracle, Onestream or Salesforce, a plus;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work effectively across the Company’s various business units and locations;
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exercise judgment in fast paced and changing environment;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and produce quality work while dealing with interruptions;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave