Manager, Accounting at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
We are growing and in need of an Accounting Manager to lead the general accounting function. We're building the team and processes so you will have the opportunity to take lessons learned from working in a high growth environment to implement an ERP and help improve our accounting processes. You'll have the opportunity to lead and develop the general accounting team, solve data puzzles, contribute new ideas and best practices. You'll work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a great group of people.
Join a fast-paced, growth-stage, Colorado based organization, while having the support of a larger, well funded company - we’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital.
What you’ll do:
- Manage accounts payable, treasury function and general ledger accounting for income statement accounts below the gross margin line and related balance sheet accounts
- Manage and develop a small team processing accounts payable, treasury and general ledger transactions.
- Manage the month end close process through financial reporting
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of work performed by direct reports
- Review and approve vendor payments
- Review, refine and improve accounts payable processing and controls
- Coordinate complex accounting projects and initiatives with members of accounting, finance and other departments
- Research complex transactions and document issues and conclusions
- Develop and maintain process and controls documentation
- Manage annual external audit for areas of responsibility
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 7+ years of corporate accounting experience
- 2+ years of management or supervisory experience
- 1+ years of accounts payable management experience
- CPA and/or public accounting audit experience preferred
- Experience in both emerging and well established accounting environments
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply US GAAP and technical accounting guidance
- Complete understanding of the link between all financial statements
- Ability to correlate financial statement results to operational activity
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the risks inherent to specific accounts
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software packages
- Accounting system implementation experience
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization
- Excellent organizational skill with attention to detail
- Posses a customer-service mindset
While we are all currently working from home until at least September, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $85,000 to $120,000, depending on relevant experience.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status