Manager, Accounting at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Join Arrow’s Shared Services Accounting team as an Accounting Manager (I). Our team is an integral part of our $30B global company!
The Accounting Manager will lead areas of the general ledger close and fulfill monthly financial reporting and compliance requirements for assigned business units. This position will be focused on Inventory Accounting for our NA Components division. This position will oversee the work of lower level accountants and/or accounting managers and resolve escalated research issues. The manager of accounting will build strong working relationships with all levels of finance staff in other locations and supervise/manage a group of senior level and junior level accountants. In addition, this position will be tasked with special projects.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Management of staff – hiring, developing, coaching, training, resource allocation. Talent management, performance management. Provide mentoring and leadership to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Ensure all deadlines related to monthly and quarterly close activities are met.
- Conduct review of journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reporting and analysis completed by General Ledger accounting staff and more junior accounting managers.
- Oversee the research of complex GAAP issues escalated from the staff; provide direction on technical accounting matters.
- Perform due diligence related to mergers/acquisitions, define and manage consolidations as well as all finance related processes, coordinate information exchange and monitor conversion testing. Perform specific merger related accounting tasks in order to ensure purchase transactions/entities are properly accounted for.
- Lead complex special projects related to new processes, issues or changes in structure. Lead internal cross-divisional reporting. Act as liaison for department.
- Provide clean and accurate financial reporting and ensure that all reconciliations are accurate, informative and current.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 legislation as well as corporate and regional policies and procedures.
- Instill a mindset of continuous process improvement consistent with accounting principles, corporate policies and government regulations.
What We Are Looking For
- Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 8 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 6 years of experience; or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 3 years people management experience.
- Strong internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC reporting.
- Proven leadership capabilities including the ability to hire and develop strong talent for financial roles.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – must be have advanced Excel skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- A team player that is a highly motivated self-starter – ability to maintain a cooperative and professional work relationship with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Qualities and Skills That Will Help You Succeed
- Advanced degree
- CPA; Public Accounting Experience
- Inventory Accounting experience
- Hands on experience with Oracle ERP, Hyperion
- Experience in a Fortune 500 company
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience working with complex systems
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Paid Time Off
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!