Manager, Accounting at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve Vacation Rental is a high-growth, Denver-based company that is redefining vacation rental management. We have ~400 employees and are backed by leading growth investors including T.Rowe Price, Arrowmark, Winslow, and others. Our team is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for everyone. We leverage technology and a cutting-edge business model to provide homeowners the lowest cost, highest performing property management while offering travelers consistent and amazing travel experiences.
To support our growth, we’re looking for an Accounting Manager to manage the monthly accounting duties and functions including period-end accounting processes, reporting, asset management through accounting reconciliation, and general accounting duties. Reporting to our Controller, this position will also liaise with our Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- General Accounting
- Manage the month end close process
- Prepare journal entries, period-end reporting, accruals, amortization schedules, and other reports
- Prepare, analyze, and verify financial statements and other records using accepted accounting and statistical procedures
- Manage accounting accuracy and completeness
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the accounting work performed by internal staff
- Review account reconciliations
- Review contracts to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Provide technical accounting expertise
- Research complex transactions and prepare documentation outlining issues and conclusions
- Serve as a backup to the Controller
- Internal Controls
- Assist with the implementation of projects, including but not limited to the assessment and documentation of internal controls and the integration of all accounting and reporting functions
- Ensure that the internal control procedures are established and followed in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and in compliance with company guidelines
- Analyze data to detect deficient controls, fraud, or noncompliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
- Review accounting procedures and recommends changes in operations and financial activities that will improve productivity and effectiveness
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years of previous management or supervisory experience (required)
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience (required)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field (required)
- Familiarity with SEC Reporting, GAAP / complex accounting principles (preferred)
- Experience with implementation of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 (preferred)
- CPA or CMA (preferred)
- 2+ years of recent accounting experience in a Public Company or experience with IPO readiness preparation (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce and Stripe Payments Processing Systems (preferred)
- Experience with ERP conversion or implementation (preferred)
A Little About Us
Evolve Vacation Rental is a high growth, Denver-based startup that is redefining vacation rental management and we’re looking for a smart, passionate, and entrepreneurial individual to join us.
Our team is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for everyone. We provide homeowners with the easiest and most effective way to generate rental income, while offering travelers the world's best booking experience.
We're conveniently located in Downtown Denver offering easy access to the RTD Light Rail, as well as all the great restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops the city has to offer! Oh, and we also like to have a lot of fun.
- Benefits - You’ll receive competitive pay, and health insurance packages that include 100% employer paid HDHP, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage. Supplemental benefits are also available in addition to 401(k) match, commuter benefits, and equity in the company.
- Lifestyle - We embrace work-life balance so we offer PTO and paid sick days. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Evolve offers free access to an onsite fitness center and bicycle storage.
- A Voice - Our innovation framework encourages you to pitch ideas and make real changes at Evolve. Employees are the driving force behind internal process improvements.
- Career Growth - We are committed to creating growth opportunities for every employee at Evolve. Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to developing top talent who have a true earn-it mentality!
- Community - It’s easy to make friends at Evolve, and we work hard to keep our community strong. There are two monthly all-company sessions as well as company-sponsored events throughout the year.
- Transparency - Every month, our co-founders tell us how the company is performing, explain where we’re headed next, and recognize team members for jobs well done.
- Hands-on Education - We learn every day, and we expect you to, too. We can’t wait to hear your ideas for how to improve Evolve, and we’ll gladly help you access the resources and develop the skills and you need to reach your career goals.
Evolve Vacation Rental is an equal opportunity employer.