Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
This position will perform following:
The Accounting Manager will ensure compliance with US GAAP, including documentation of all applicable processes, procedures and controls over revenue, accounts receivable, costs of goods sold and other areas. This person will work directly with Sales, Legal, Finance and Product teams to review arrangements that could impact revenue recognition and will drive best practice solutions to ensure optimal execution. This person will be responsible for actively managing the close process and developing a streamlined revenue operations framework. As an integral leader in the accounting and finance organization, this person will provide leadership by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, and developing goal setting.
- Knowledge and experience with software and/or SaaS-based or subscription revenue recognition preferred
- Knowledge and experience with ASC 606 preferred
- Minimum 5+ years' work experience, including managerial experience
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience a plus
- Using results to recommend and implement changes to business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- A background in understanding internal controls and operational effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively with senior leadership and cross-functional teams from around the company
- Manage revenue and COGS month-end close activities: prepare and review journal entries, reconcile between different systems and prepare and review account reconciliations
- Key point person for external audit on related areas
- Partner with FP&A to develop revenue and COGS forecasts
- Provide variance explanations for monthly reporting package
- Lead system implementations to automate processes
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment