Manager, Accounting at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Accounting Manager will perform complex financial studies through the collection, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Manage monthly and quarterly close processes including schedules for auditors, general ledger account variance explanations, and other schedules necessary for close.
- Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in the accomplishment of established goals.
- Develop, where necessary, effective control procedures to supplement Corporate and Segment procedures.
- Identify areas for cost reduction including ensuring direct costs associated with disconnected revenue contracts are timely canceled.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Prepare quarterly and monthly financial reports.
- Implement and work with a business intelligence tools and dashboard reports.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Support senior management and department heads with in-depth analysis.
- Develop three statements (balance sheet, income and cash flow statements) financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 3-4 years accounting experience.
- Strong analytical, reconciliation, AP, AR, GL, and financial reporting skills.
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience in telecommunications strongly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle ERP a plus.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven, and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave