Manager Accounting - Revenue Recognition
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Review and interpret customer contracts to implement revenue tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for coordinating world wide revenue month end close, including journal entries, reconciliations and revenue recognition schedules
- Interacts closely with Sales department, coordinating communications on all items related to billing and revenue, and customer relationships.
- Work directly with finance, sales and service delivery on a daily basis as it relates to contracts with customers.
- Maintains existing functionality in Salesforce.com that has impact on billing and revenue.
- Responsible for the internally developed revenue system and implementation of updates to maintain compliance with all new revenue guidance.
- Point of contact for year end audit, as it relates to revenue.
- Supervises and develops staff through hands-on training, guidance and performance reviews.
- Continuously reviews processes for ongoing improvement.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with revenue accounting rules and practices
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioitze and multi-task.
- Strong work ethic – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a demanding detail-oriented environment.
- Self motivated, time efficient and proactive with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Confident in dealing with customers and senior management.
- Enthusiastic team player with desire to train/mentor, and willing to assist others where necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department staff, supervisory personnel, associates, vendors and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA Certified
- Five years of relevant experience
- Two or more years of leadership/management experience included
- Ability to work overtime on short notice when needed
- History of proven process improvement experience
- Technology industry experience is desirable
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience desired
- SalesForce experience desired
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.