Manager of Accounting, Payroll and Commissions at GHX
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for all assigned areas of the general ledger with a primary focus on compensation related expenses and processes. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining practices and procedures in accordance with GAAP to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including payroll review, general ledger review, payroll related accruals, commission calculations, commission data accuracy, oversight of payroll administration processes and year-end audit preparation.
Key Responsibilities and duties
- Manages various aspects of the general ledger including ensuring the company financial records are kept in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Responsible for areas of the general ledger that are assigned, with a heavy focus on commissions, payroll and employee benefit related areas
- Responsible for all aspects of compensation including but not limited to detailed review of payroll submissions to third party preparer.
- Responsible for all general ledger activity in assigned areas, including but not limited to reviewing account reconciliations, knowledge of account balances, and documentation according to company policies.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Manage the payroll administrator to ensure all payroll submission deadlines are met and to ensure accurate and timely payroll submissions.
- Manage the commission processes to ensure all commission calculations meet company defined deadlines and ensure accuracy of the calculation.
- Ensure the timely preparations and reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist with providing requests for the year-end audit.
- Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the team.
- Selects and hires employees as necessary. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Troubleshoot ERP issues, design processes to maximize system functionality, develop training programs for team members.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and projects supporting the Controller and provide appropriate decision support information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of accounts receivable department operations, functions, office procedures and computer capabilities.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong work ethic – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a demanding detail-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated, time efficient and proactive with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Confident in dealing with customers and senior management.
- Enthusiastic team player with desire to train/mentor, and willing to assist others where necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department staff, supervisory personnel, associates, vendors, and the general public.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA Certified
- Five years of relevant experience
- Two or more years of leadership/management experience included
- Ability to work overtime on short notice when needed
- History of proven process improvement experience
- SaaS experience is desirable
- Oracle Cloud experience desired
- SalesForce experience desired
Estimated Salary range for this position: $79,695 - $111,300
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)